Plan for 324 seater restaurant on Jug of Ale site, Moseley
A planning application to extend and convert the former Jug of Ale public house on the corner of Alcester Road and Park Road has been submitted into the Planning Department.
The drawings for the planning can be seen on-line by going to: http://www.birmingham.gov.uk/planningonline , click on ‘Access Planning Online’, click on ‘Application Number Search’ and search for application number 2011/03267/PA
The proposal involves the following:
- almost the doubling in size of the building from 800square metres to 1467square metres
- conversion of the building into a 324 seater restaurant on two floors
- the increase in size of the building will be done by building a two storey extension up to its rear boundary with 10 and 12 Park Hill
- a protected mature lime in the centre of the site will have to be removed for the two storey extension
- the car park will be laid out to accommodate 60 cars.
- the applicant owns the Akbar chain of restaurants – see http://www.akbars.co.uk/restaurant.php?id=25 This new restaurant would have its interior design, menu and service based on the Akbar brand.
The period of consultation ends on 16th June 2011.
Any comments can be submitted by:
- e-mailing to firstname.lastname@example.org
- telephoning (planning will accept comments on planning application over the telephone) 303 1115 – please remember to quote the planning application number 2011/03267/pa
- post to Planning Management, Birmingham City Council, PO Box 28, Birmingham B1 1TU