Monday, July 09, 2012

The mystery over Councillor Trickett comments and the controversial Moseley fish and chip shop


The mystery over Councillor Trickett's comments and the controversial Moseley fish and chip shop

Readers of my blog will be recently aware of my concerns over a proposed fish and chip shop at the corner of Billesley Lane and Southlands Road – three doors from my house.

After an uproar from local residents, the developer withdrew the planning application – see http://martinmullaney.blogspot.co.uk/2012/07/controversial-moseley-fish-and-chip.html

In my blog I have been especially critical of local Labour Councillor, Councillor Lisa Trickett, who despite been contacted by two local residents, asking her to support their objections, she completely failed to comment on the planning application.

Now this is where things get interesting, since Councillor Lisa Trickett e-mailed me a week ago to complain about my blog entry at http://martinmullaney.blogspot.co.uk/2012/06/moseley-and-kings-heath-labour.html  . This is what she said:

Dear Martin
 
One of my constituents has drawn to my attention a report on your website regarding the planning application for a fish and chip shop close to your home on Billesley Lane.
 
I would ask you to note that I have in fact my views clear to the officers dealing with this application and therefore it is not true to say that I have not commented on the application. I have also supported the residents who are objecting to the application. I would therefore ask that you remove the wording on your website which makes the incorrect statements of fact.
 
I am grateful to you for your assistance.
 
Yours sincerely 
Lisa Trickett



Since that e-mail I have e-mail Councillor Trickett TWICE asking her for evidence of her submitting a comment to Planning. She has not responded

 I have asked Planning TWICE if they received anything from Councillor Trickett on this planning application, including on the day it was withdrawn. They have informed me that they have received NO COMMENTS from Councillor Trickett on this application.

So really Councillor Trickett was wrong to say “I have in fact my views clear to the officers dealing with this application and therefore it is not true to say that I have not commented on the application.”

As the reader you can make your own mind up as to what this says about Councillor Trickett. However, what I would be saying is that until she provides evidence to back up what she said in her e-mail above, I wouldn’t trust a single word she says.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home